CS8

ComputerSystem8 Blog About : Technologies, Devices, Reviews, Scholarships, Stories, English

Dell Mobile Connect Reviews Before 2022

 Jack Brown June 27, 2021. Thumbs : 10

Garbage app, can never connect my phone it's just an endless loop of verifying the code on the screen. Every time I want to use it I have to re-pair the phone. Useful if it actually works but I guess that's too much to ask for from Dell.

tommysmallss. June 23, 2021. Thumbs : 

8

Freezes up when trying to set up app. Won't stay connected to my PC. App really has no value. Android messages works much better.

Michelle Campbell. June 24, 2021.  

This app won't pair my Dell and my Android. I go through every step, then it just sits with the loading icon and never moves past it.

Cole Staubs. June 29, 2021. Thumbs : 1

Does not work, gets stuck on screen asking to make device discoverable. Please make app functional with Android 11

Sheetal Wadhawan. June 24, 2021. Thumbs : 4

Not able to connect to dell mobile app. It was working fine and now the Bluetooth connection is not accepting the passkey. Really annoying. plzz fix it

vibhootit. June 21, 2021. Thumbs : 35

Stuck at " Please allow Dell to make your device discoverable ". Unable to click OK. Please make necessary changes in the application.

Pratik Patil. June 25, 2021. Thumbs : 1

In mirroring option when I mirror my phone using dell mobile connect app and play a video then the audio comes from smartphone speakers and not from laptop.

Emil G. June 19, 2021. Thumbs : 9

Have to uninstall dell mobile app on my windows 10 laptop to use Microsoft's mobile app to connect to my phone to make calls. Dell's mobile connect app causes issues for Microsoft's mobile app. I shouldn't have to uninstall dell's app when I am using the Microsoft mobile app.

Mohammed Safique. June 24, 2021. Thumbs : 1

Not working with Dell 5301 Ok button is not responding

Carol Kerr. June 14, 2021. Thumbs : 10

My new phone does not like this app. I've used this app for two years and it's been great, set it up and it worked beautifully. However I got a new phone last week and what a nightmare. It couldn't / wouldn't pair... then it did but it won't connect. It sends endless messages to add a device yet bot...

tashina taylor. June 4, 2021. Thumbs : 23

I have had the app on my phone for less than 24hours and I already want to Uninstaller it. It continues to run in the background even when I am not using it. The app is continuously interupting other apps on my phone asking to connect to my laptop, even though I am not using my laptop. Very annoying!!! I will probably uninstall it and reinstall it only when it is needed.

Lilly P. June 15, 2021. Thumbs : 3

Compared to Microsoft's "Your Phone" this app actually works & works well. MS's "You Phone" app has soooo many authentication problems (home vs corp MS account, etc) it is unusable for many people. I gave up trying. This app was *extremely easy* to install & use. The UI is a bit clunky (hence 4 stars), but very usable.

William Miller. June 19, 2021. Thumbs : 5

This is so bad you would think MS made it🙂.

Warren Brownell. April 21, 2021. Thumbs : 27

I like notifications and the integration with text messaging. Much faster and more accurate to use the computer keyboard not the phone one. Other features - not so much. It usually reconnects when I go out of range then come back but sometimes it won't and I have to launch the app on the phone as if I were going to pair, then the PC reconnects. Using the mirroring function (showing phone on PC) is not worthwhile, takes too long to display, serious latency issues. I really wish I could disable the voice calling function. Sometimes the phone will ring and no one will be there, then I'll see that the sound is going TO the computer but the computer mic doesn't send voice back to the phone. PIxel 4/Android 11, Windows 10 Home 20H2

Nadi Mel. May 15, 2021. Thumbs : 48

It would be great if it wasn't so irritating. I'd love to be able to use this when I'm on my pc and disable it when I'm not, but instead it keeps interrupting me non stop by popping up with a connection error. Of course it can't connect - my pc is off and I'm trying to use my phone. But I can't use my phone when this app won't leave me alone. I've tried changing settings, disabling notifications, and force closing the app. But it just keeps popping up and getting in the way. Not worth it.

Rishabh Singal. April 29, 2021. Thumbs : 28

This app is clean. Some users may find difficulty via connecting with this but it's actually very simple. FIRST- Pair your device with PC via Bluetooth. SECOND- Pair this app via Code shown on PC. A MAJOR MISTAKE- People don't pair their device via BT first and get errors. Make sure that both are connected to an internet connection & via BT. Dell Mobile Connect is really simple and far better compared to Microsoft Phone Companion. I have used both but the Microsoft one give many problems.

Donna Watson. May 10, 2021. Thumbs : 30

App does NOT work like it should. After connecting it disconnects where u have option to uninstall, sent a report. Don't know why it's not working as when I first set it up worked too well over all my other apps. Showing phonecalls incoming from my phone. I disabled it then. Now I want to reconnect the app but it connects then fails. Any help or answers would be great in the feedback reviews.If can get to work I will chg rating to 5 stars


Gevork Asatryan. May 7, 2021. Thumbs : 29

Can't connect using my GALAXY S10 device on AT&T. It used to be paired and was working many months ago! Now I get ERROR CODE 20900, after reinstalling app on both my desktop and phone. I had to turn off notifications from the app because right after I reinstalled and followed all troubleshooting steps, I was able to establish a connection and immediately after it would just go nuts! It'll continuously attempt to reconnect and I would get non stop notification after notification. HOLY COW!

Florent. April 15, 2021. Thumbs : 22

The app popup too much when I don't ask to tell me that the background service want to be excluded from the battery optimization functionality. But my OPPO A72 don't propose such a permission. I don't want popups. I don't want to let thebapp running while I'm not using it. I do want a Close button to stop the app. Too much annoying.

Brother. J. May 19, 2021. Thumbs : 49

If you're looking to transfer files to PC from the cell absolute waste of time 🤦 all this app does is ask for access to all of the data on your phone but when you connect with your computer you cannot even retrieve the info from the phone & transfer it to the computer because it has a prehistoric interface that doesn't allow you to drag content off the phone and drop it onto your PC. In my opinion this application is nothing but a information grab for market research purposes totally useless.

Bala Omprakash. May 4, 2021. Thumbs : 5

I the the app it's working perfectly fine , but there is one problem there is one usb degguing because we don't want to waste our net while mirroring the screen. And the last one is in the new update please add keymapping features please. I reccomend you guys to install this. I would be ready to give if you add keymapping and usb.

Nikhil Thakur. June 17, 2021. Thumbs : 1

This app was working fine till i updates my phone to android 11 and after that this app doesn't connect my phone to laptop which is quite irritating. I hope developers will update this issue soon!

Nicole Powell Cantu. April 8, 2021. Thumbs : 6

Great in theory, but doesn't actually work - I attempted to connect my devices (initial setup) several times and kept getting errors. Finally decided to give up and wait to try again later on, hopefully after the developers have fixed these glitches.

HARPRIT BHATTI. April 24, 2021. Thumbs : 2

App asked me for permissions for connecting and when doesn't move even after granting the permissions. I had to close the app and then reopen it. After that, the app doesn't do mirroring and frequently loses connection without me doing anything to it.

Ashok Jaiswal. May 11, 2021. Thumbs : 12

The Dell Mobile Connect is not working with One Plus series. I found the same issue Posted by fellow one plus users online as well. Please look into it. Something that you promote as a feature should be able to work with latest one plus phones.

heer soneji. April 14, 2021. Thumbs : 12

I used it once it connected well. Afterwards it's not connecting to my pc. Whenever I open the app it shows the message saying "Please allow Dell Mobile Connect to make your device discoverable by other bluetooth devices" eventhough the bluetooth on myphone is turn on already. What shoud be done.

Vijay Ifs. June 11, 2021. Thumbs : 3

It's really shocking when I was download this app i transfer( share) my gallery videos to my laptop it downloaded but it will not be seen in my laptop and for help I call dell technical support they just take my laptop serial number and make my call for hold about 1hour( 60minute ) then call ended it happen 3time don't download app don't buy dell products laptop they just making fools everyone 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

EH Wee. April 18, 2021. Thumbs : 3

Work well with my Dell Inspiron and my phone connection. Hope Dell find a ways to enable multi select and download the photos from phone to desktop instead of only can download the photos one by one as of current conditions.

Steve Breiner. January 18, 2021. Thumbs : 100

This is a reasonably well executed app, particularly the ability to perform essentially all phone functions on the phone via computer. There is one particularly annoying issue, however, that keeps me from rating this better than three stars - when the computer is rebooted or hibernates, one side of the connection (not sure whether it's the Windows controlling app or the phone's server app) loses the ability to "mirror" the phone's screen on the computer. So, the user has to physically re-authorize screen mirroring on the phone itself - without any way on the part of the user to reenable the mirroring without the phone. The absence of any mechanism to re-establish phone mirroring (that has been previously authorized) is a significant deficiency in the design of the system. That said, this is a useful app, that I do use and appreciate. Other than the requirement to periodically find the phone to reauthorize mirroring, the app is pretty impressive.

Krunal T. May 10, 2021. Thumbs : 1

Update: changing my review to 5* from 1* as issue may not be of this app.(or may be?) Installed external bluetooth discovery app which resolved the issue and made it to connect without any issue

Neil Walker. April 29, 2021. Thumbs : 1

Unable to pair with Samsung S9. I tried several times to pair my phone during the set-up phase and finally gave up. It sounds like a good idea but life is too short.


Brian Ratter. March 14, 2021. Thumbs : 39

Connecting to the PC did not work correctly. I had to unpair the phone and laptop several times, retry many times, before eventually it decided to work. Unsatisfactory. When you download a photo it goes to an obscure directory deep under the appdata directory which takes a while to find. Why can't i...

Sascha Amadeus. January 8, 2021. Thumbs : 1

I mainly use it for texts and calls and it works great for this, though call quality can get choppy at times. All in all I like this app and the connectivity it offers. Great option for those of us who have phones too old for MS' Your Phone Companion.

Peter Sketch. April 8, 2021. Thumbs : 2

As per comments from others, it doesn't work on Android 11 - sticks at "allow Mobile Connect to make your device discoverable"

Harry Lamichhane. April 23, 2021. Thumbs : 3

It's stuck at "please allow to make your device discoverable". It doesn't matter what you do, it doesn't work at all!

Lincoln B

March 29, 2021

32

App worked for half an hour with a new Samsung XCover Pro Mobile, then Mirroring no longer worked. I tried for 6 hours to fix this behavior, in vain. I was unable to open a Dell Support Request in writing via Dell's SupportAssist program on my XPS 15 9570, despite having paid for ProSupport Plus, be...

Daniel Marsh

January 29, 2021

Great concept. But impossible to incorporate into my workflow ever since they locked out 2017 computers. Spent $2,000 on a 2017 desktop that "doesn't meet product specification". This act from Dell is enough for me to consider other options.

Bhoomika Dhiman

May 9, 2021

Stuck at the screen where it is asking permission to be discoverable to other bluetooth devices. Clicked on OK multiple times but not working.

Santhosh Kumar

May 20, 2021

Installed this app via QRcide displayed on my Laptop screen. But in my mobile after installed this app, the next page is not opened.and hanged ON. Coukdnt use this app..think so some technical problem..kindly help to resolve this..

Nagarathna Nagarathna1234

April 19, 2021

In mirroring the sound is coming in mobile it has to be come from pc and sometimes it disconnected otherwise app is very useful in transferring the data

Veronica Hudon

March 3, 2021

20

Had this. It kept popping in as not being able to connect. Was fine last week. Now, uninstalled and won't even install on my phone. And still the computer and the phone, even with the all uninstalled won't stop pinging me.

Vishal Anand

May 14, 2021

Worst application...my dell vostro is not able to connect with samsung galaxy A72 even after Uninstall and reinstall dell mobile connect drivers as poped-up in right top.

Rajesh Vinnakota

May 14, 2021

1

Not getting connected. My new dell inspiron is not able to connect with Samsung. Even Not able to find proper support.

Arvind Mohan

April 2, 2021

2

Not working on my OnePlus Nord. Gets struck up with the message allow dell connect to make the device discoverable by other blue tooth devices

Tamilselvan Ponapalam

June 5, 2021

I am thrilled to be able to connect my mobile to the laptop. It is easy and convenient

sathish kumar

April 20, 2021

giving file file transfer and projecting screen without third wireless device might be the better option. i hope laptop and mobile is enough for that.

Roger Schley

March 25, 2021

Couldn't get it to work. I kept getting a message to update the app during the middle of the connection process. I can't find a way to update, and it looks like I'm using the most recent anyway. Looking for a better app/solution to suit my needs.

Vikas Jadhav

April 24, 2021

1

For few days its worked ok ok not good.. n now its not working at all..and mirroring is too slow..

Verea Hitlarite

May 12, 2021

1

This app is fabulous and easily works .connect successfully .not many adds just few but otherwise good .

James Bill

March 13, 2021

5

Great when it works (which is rarely) It disconnects from the computer constantly, then gets stuck in a loop trying to connect again. I would give it less stars if I could.

Pavan Rajesh

May 24, 2021

Extremely awesome feature It's very useful in some situation like classes and others But speed it not so good but it's ok for normal files The call and notification works like a charm 👍

Mohd Shahid

June 13, 2021

I m using OnePlus 7T. Not working on it and this and this phone using OS 11 so dell connect mobile support this version

Vincent Cahill

April 3, 2021

1

Very handy app to have. No need to keep picking up phone to answer calls or see messages

Devanshu Malhotra

March 29, 2021

18

Unable to use the app on Oxygen OS 11. The app gets stuck on the screen where it says "Please allow dell mobule connect to make bluetooth discocerable". Though i keep tapping OK but the app gets frozen and doesn't let me proceed for the key.

Akshay Baid

May 17, 2021

1

Stuck at "Please allow Dell Mobile Connect to make your device discoverable by other bluetooth devices" on my oneplus 7t.. Please solve this.

Austin Clark

March 22, 2021

5

Does not work with one plus 8 pro. App asks to make Dell Connect make device bluetooth discoverable but their is no such permission. I have made the device discoverable but doesn't processed to set up device.

Jeremiah Ross

December 6, 2018

I use this app at work. The area I 'work' at or I should say where I use my laptop does not get the best service via wifi hotspot. I have to put my phone in an area where it gets better reception and makes it a pain to have to walk away just to check messages etc, regularly. This makes my life so much smoother. I can text and check notifications from my laptop without getting up. 5 stars for sure this app is awesome.

Sambarta Banerjee

May 15, 2021

A fake app. It is compatible for certain devices e. G. I can connect my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and but not for nokia 8.1

Shiv Shrivas

May 9, 2021

It is good to connect but as not like connection with USB device. Everything not Connect.

kuzi moto

February 1, 2019

I was actually pleasantly surprised at how good this app actually is. I haven't had any major issues so far. Messages and notifications pop up very consistently and has a pretty good interface. The only thing I've noticed is that if I walk away from my computer, that notifications on my phone seem to be delayed not sure if it has anything to do with the app or not though. All things considered, this is a pretty great app and makes communication with cell phone much easier. The only feature that I'm not a huge fan of is the screen casting. It's fairly laggy, and I'm unable to swipe up enough to get to the PIN entry, so I can't unlock without physically touching my device.

Shehel Singh

April 28, 2021

Not even able to connect the phone with the pc as it alway show to make make device discoverable to others and even after allowing it does not connect with the pc.

Zack Oates

October 17, 2018

I want this to work sooooo badly! Killing me to see. It constantly disconnects and it is so frustrating because I bought this Dell JUST for this app. I tried and tried and tried to use it for 3 months. Doesn't do group texting, takes 5 min to connect to the texts, if at all, often doesn't send, can't use a headset because it is constantly connecting and reconnecting, answer phone and then nothing comes through audio, and on and on and on. This is the app I've always dreamed of and I love the screen casting and that works really well and is awesome...but I can't deal with a horrible experience everywhere else.

Asier Montes Bea

February 11, 2021

34

Not working on Android 11. I'm stuck on the screen about making my phone discoverable on bluetooth but that option is not longer available. Please fix the app for the lastest version of android.

Marty Allen

March 24, 2021

2

So far it's working great, no real issues but I do have one question. When I send a text on my computer it shows up as if I've sent it twice? Shows the same message two times in a row on both my computer and my phone.

Trevor Hancock

November 18, 2018

2

Samsung messed up and dropped Sidesync, which was awesome. Was looking for a replacement and this fit the bill. The screen mirroring doesn't always work for me and when it does, the phone screen stays on, which is weak IMO, but when it works it works well. The main thing for me is that it reliably let's me take mobile phone calls using my PCs audio\mic, which is killer (no more device\task switching). This app works on non-Dell PCs too, which is a major plus and hooray for Dell for doing that! Very customer focused. I own a Dell, an HP, a Lenovo and it works on all of them. Keep it up Dell... keep it up.

Stephen Senior

March 10, 2021

Annoyingly the app keeps popping up on my phone trying to pair with my PC even when not wanted. The app is not running on the PC at the time and the phone is disconnected. . I don't want to use it all the time. How do I stop this on my phone without uninstalling. I am on Android 11. It is a drain on the battery too.

Kevin Vega

October 30, 2018

I like. I think its pretty useful. The only reason it didnt get 5 stars is cuz i feel like it could use an upgrade in the graphics department. Meaning, its not too aesthetically pleasing. I wouldnt mind a bit of a touch up, but otherwise, it runs great. I would also appreciate it if the developers could integrate MMS, so far i havent been able to use that with the bluetooth features.

Brian Touhey

October 28, 2018

5

I didn't think I wad going to like this at first, but it's grown on me. I do enjoy having access to text right on the laptop, and I have found using the screen mirroring a few times as well. Only used the phone call integration a few times but it worked well each time. Overall I'm glad I have it and still continue to use it. Only thing I wish it had was group texting, it seems to not be able to do that unless I don't know how yet.

Aaron Howard

September 18, 2019

Massive increase in multitasking abilities. WOW. I'm on laptop and mobile and if I decide to set it up I could pull it off using an app on my phone. Yes, controlling the laptop and my phone from my phone. Oh but there's more. Then I can connect more devices. And record it to a cloud. Then build a team to edit it and extract the knowledge I'm pooling together. Dell Mobile Platform will be a part of my platform.

Ethan Bixler

November 30, 2018

5

Absolutely outstanding so far. I was excited when Microsoft introduced a similar thing but it was incredibly unstable. So far I have had zero issues with this. My favorite part is the ability to make/receive calls via the CPU allowing me to continue being productive while fielding calls. Very impressed that Dell opened this up to everyone rather than for Dell users only

D. Armstrong

March 7, 2021

1

This app is a disaster. It used to work very well. Ever since adding mms support, the app constantly crashes, making it near impossible to use! Needs a fix, ASAP!

Vick Liew

April 24, 2021

Bad start hang at initial setup. Please allow Dell Mobile Connect to make your device discoverable

Noey Purdie

November 8, 2018

14

I got my new 2 in 1 laptop today to replace my tablet. Loving it and this great little addon makes it my favourite device! My lap is connected to my phone, how convenient. It is extremely easy to install and use. Loving it after only a few days. Never miss a call or text, best part is not having to use a tiny mobile keyboard to send text! Love it

Omar S.

May 17, 2019

Don't know if "invasive" is the most appropriate description for what this app does but when you have to close it every 3 seconds only to have it pop open again, it pushes everything back forcing you to have to tend to it. Well, there are times when I do not want to connect my mobile phone to my laptop (Imagine that)! And there is no way to simply turn it off... (At least none that I could find). Ended up having to uninstall it! I hope to never get stupid enough to want to 1reinstall it!

Myla Dys

June 24, 2019

5

Features are nice, but the power consumption is enormous. better keep your phone hooked up because it won't last for more than half a day. Also, there is a problem with the app not working nicely with a Bluetooth headset (Plantronics Voyager) that is connected to the phone. It basically grabs the Bluetooth connection when it wants to sync and I am left talking in a headset that is no longer connected to the phone.

Jeff Psolla

January 13, 2021

36

Works OK, but every time I unlock my phone, it pops up a stupid "NEXT" screen. It shouldn't start unless I want it to start.

Balkar Singh

February 25, 2021

17

Not working on Android 11. Stuck on the screen saying "Please allow dell mobile connect to make your device discoverable to other Bluetooth devices" Please fix this.

Joe Zeh

April 7, 2019

I am writing this review from my PC desktop through Dell Mobile Connect. I love it. There are only two things I have issue with. Cut/Paste on the PC doesn't appear to work. I use to be able to use my desktop mic and speakers on phone calls, but with the most recent Android update that is not working and I haven't been able to figure out why. But this is definitely a superior app.

Prasad Uchil

May 19, 2019

5

It's still a work in progress and definitely needs refining. For example with the 9570 paired with my OP2 running LineageOS, I can't seem to access the Dialler services on PC neither does it reflect the calls I am receiving as notifications. Everything else seems to be working fine. [Update]: I upgraded to the OnePlus 7 Pro and the app doesnt seem to be working with my XPS 15. I did get it paired perfectly and everything but while it is connected, the notificatios do not reflect on my PC

Ed Fox

June 20, 2019

I really like this app. It nicely integrates my phone and laptop. One problem I've found is that the stock Android messaging app throws an error when i send messages with DMC. It says my messages were not sent, but i know they were. i dont get this error when I set Textra as my default messaging app. Also, looking forward to the return of support for group texts.

A Google user

December 12, 2018

17

LOVE this app! It's a blessing for any multi-tasking computer end-user. So you're drafting a letter or checking email or any of the many things you do on your computer and you receive a text message - no need to pick up your phone and use the qwerty keyboard - just click on the Dell Mobile Connect icon and read/reply the text like it's an email.

Atishkumar Varpe

January 26, 2021

25

Hi Dell, It was working fine with Android 10 but for Android 11, it is getting connected but unable to transfer files. Please look into this.

Tariye George

December 26, 2018

Quite simply awesome! I use it with my DELL Inspiron 15 and Honor smartphone. I've tried a lot of other apps that try to allow android phones to respond to SMS on computers, eg. AirDroid, etc. Without a doubt, this app is the best in terms of syncing without prompting it to and the ease of replying. Not to mention that it lets you makes calls through your laptop!

chaswanth P

June 3, 2021

it is not getting connected with laptop says bluetooth must be in discoverable mode

Chuong Ho

October 30, 2018

Notifications, screen mirroring, etc. all work. It is really convenient to be able to manipulate things on my phone without having to pick it up. Works well with all of my devices, does not matter which phone I connect to which computer. Here are my devices: Computers: - HP Envy x360 (2017 model) - Dell E5520 (from 2011!) Phones: - Google Pixel XL (from 2016) - Moto E4 Plus (from 2017) Note that I have Windows 10 Professional on my laptops, installed from the ISO directly from Microsoft and not the HP/Dell build that came with the machines originally.

Barkha Jain

April 18, 2021

App is showing again and again to turn off projecting to the PC and not working properly.

Kevin McQuaid

March 24, 2019

3

Somewhat buggy and somewhat limited, but free. The app has an issue where as well as recieving any new messages or notifications, it wall also deliver a notification for messages I may have received years or months ago. Additionally, you can now view files that exist on your phone but you still can not send any files that you have on your computer. I would like to be able to directly send a picture or something from my desktop and through a text message. Other paid apps have this feature

A Google user

November 2, 2018

32

Been looking for an app like this for a long time. Sure, the app has a few minor glitches and needs a little polishing around the corners. However, for me, the sheer convenience of wearing a single headset connected to my laptop and answering calls on my phone and skype is a winner. I absoloutely love it and is now my default way of using the phone. I barely touch my phone nowadays (thanks also to whatsapp desktop), so my battery also lasts much longer

eric peacock

December 4, 2018

7

This Is a great app for checking Txt msg, notifications and screen mirroring. (typing this review on my PC, connected to my phone now). The only issue is sometimes it disconnects and I have to reboot PC and/or phone. I've been using it for a week now and it's about it 85% stable. Worth the install, for sure. BTW, I'm on a Latitude, not an XPS, Vostro or Inspiron.

Althea Black

May 7, 2021

It has a continue loop with no additional instructions to move forward (for seniors that must be guided).

Sand Hepworth

March 24, 2021

1

Worked reasonably well until recently, but a bit fickle - sometimes will connect, other times won't play. Shame, idea good.

Mandula Abogada

March 26, 2021

2

I don't like any app that don't have an off button. This thing is constantly running in the background like you're going to be on your PC every time you use your phone.

Friday Gladheart

February 23, 2020

41

It took some time to get the setup right, but once I got the phone and computer connected on Bluetooth and uninstalled/re-installed this app, everything worked perfectly! The screen mirroring is a fantastic feature that is not available through Windows Phone Connect app. The Dell Mobile Connect mirroring has saved me so much time and energy, and is especially helpful to prevent eyestrain when working for extended periods on the phone. No more squinting at the small screen!!!

Shelly Taylor

February 18, 2019

I really like the app so far. Only been using a few days but the texting part has been great. I have tried a few other apps and this is the only app that I can use for calling from my computer. I have not tried the calling feature yet only texting. It would be great to have Dell Mobile Connect incorporate a tab on the left to view photo gallery for easy access. I would also like to see syncing between phone and Dell. It may already sync and I don't know how to view synced items.The app on my computer has photos and messaging but no calling. All messages and photos sink to the computer app if it is working. Dell mobile connect is the best app I have found. At first it was not supported but I solved that issue by installing all necessary downloads on the Dell site. Works like a charm!!

surna sravan kumar

March 23, 2021

1

This is the worst app I have ever seen. I didn't expect this from dell. This app has many bugs. This app stops working after few steps and won't go further.

Brenda Zamora

January 17, 2021

2

Works great BUT be sure to disconnect when done, specially if you share. I forgot to disconnect and my texts were being seen.

Cal Pierce

December 16, 2019

1

Most functions work with my 2015 XPS 15, but only if I use V1.3.7001 (2019.3.19). Via App Backup & Restore (useful app BTW), I rolled back to that from later versions that wouldn't connect. The available functions are really useful, but it's absurd that Dell can't offer fully a functional app to use with a flagship laptop that cost me ~$2K.

Jesse Campbell

September 6, 2020

140

5star downgrade to 1star: I was enjoying the app until recently. My Dell laptop will no longer connect to my phone, giving the message, "The Dell Mobile Connect app on your phone is out of date. Please update your app to continue". However, when I go to my phone to do so, no update is available because I am running the most recent version. Is this a bug-fix issue? Unfortunately, I will have no reason to keep the unusable app much longer if this isn't rectified. I hope to see a change soon.

Ajay Patel

March 14, 2021

1

This is super app but it doesn't support video streaming, like airtel xtream, hotstar, netflix, its suupport only youtube videos. and another problem is audio come out from mobile when we have start smart mirroring

manav bhati

May 12, 2021

App doesn't work properly not connecting to phone tried to many times and the step is to Uninstalled the app...3 grade app

Natasha Perry

January 4, 2019

I really like this app because it actually works unlike many of the others out there and I don't get bombarded with any ads. There are definitely ways it could be improved here and there but all of those are small personal preferences. Overall a great, easy to use interface for my Samsung S9! Thanks Dell!

Andres Urias

November 20, 2018

41

This app is awesome! I use it with my dell xps 13 and Samsung S8+. I've tried a lot of other apps that try to allow android phones to respond to SMS on computers. I.e. AirDroid, Samsung Sidesync, Samsung Flow, etc. Without a doubt, this app is the best in terms of syncing without prompting it to and the ease of replying. Not to mention that it lets you makes call through your laptop! Only thing I would like would be to show images in SMS messages and emojis.

Nipun Jayasena

August 21, 2019

3

Good start! This app can access sms, phone calls and contacts as well. But it wasn't access media such as images and videos. When we try to access media files it was shown as it trying to connect but it was never connected with mobile phone media files. Better to use for SMS and phone calls

George Curtis

March 6, 2021

1

Will not connect. Every time i try it says phone app out of date. Have deleted and reinstalled. Same problem every time.

Jim Lloyd

March 20, 2019

A great idea, not quite ready for my prime time. Remote control of my cell from my laptop has many advantages, and I endorse that effort. But... . It became annoying to me when alerts would wait for me to unlock my screen, then come in, in waves. . I walked out of signal range and remote mirror had locked my cell from screen input. So, I reatarted the cell... I had various Microsoft apps cone back with memory errors, even after another restart. . I ended up removing Mobil Connect, for now...

Matt Peters

October 31, 2018

Totally happy with this software. Gives me quick access to texting, voicemail, and actually let's me mirror my phone and use it when it's not right beside me. Perfect for office work. Still waiting to see how much of a drain on battery it is while being used, but worth it so far.

Willy Porro

April 16, 2021

This was an easy and clear and understanding app that have installed in some time thank you for making this app consumer friendly

Anathèle Zamor

April 28, 2021

It's great to be able to use my phone on the computer particularly during the stay at home orders and working from home.

A Google user

October 26, 2018

1

great application, nothing on the windows platform offered anything that comes close to how simple this is and setup. i love the mirror feature for Android also. however my friend who has a Razor smart phone could not pair with this but i am assuming that is because of Razor and their drivers. i would highly recommend the whole Dell ecosystem for anyone trying to run their own business

Ratna Garapati

February 14, 2021

14

I installed this app on OP8T mobile running Andoid 11. Cannot go beyond screen that says make your device discoverable by other bluetooth devices. Please fix the problem.




Back To Top